Are You Our Next Music Director?
Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration Music Director
The Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration in Lake St. Louis, Missouri seeks a part-time Music Director responsible for the music during worship services. The Music Director will work under the direction of and in collaboration with the Rector. This position requires one who is musically talented, flexible, creative, and organized.
The Music Director will:
- Prepare and provide musical accompaniment for Sunday services. Additional services include Holy Week, Christmas, and other special occasions such as weddings and funerals.
- Select service music in collaboration with the Rector.
- Be proficient in at least one performance area such as keyboard, organ, or vocal.
- Lead congregational singing, teach new hymns, and reintroduce the congregation to the joy of singing.
- Spend the necessary time in preparation and rehearsal to ensure a high-quality musical result.
- Tend to administrative matters as needed, and supply information for worship bulletins and newsletters.
- Spend approximately 8 to 12 hours per week to fulfill the responsibilities.
Bachelor of Music degree or equivalent experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the Rector,
the Rev. Lu-Anne Conner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.